News Title 01
Rekishia L. McMillan, MSW, Total Health
Nov 4, 2020
God's Prescription for Total Health
God’s Original Prescription for Health
This original prescription was written in the book of Exodus 15:25-27
The Lord’s name translated in this passage is, “I AM the Lord Your Healer.” Jehovah Rapha. Just as I healed the bitter waters, not only is My healing ability for the water, but I have also provided healing for you in other ways as well, but in order to receive this healing, here’s the prescription that you must follow:
1. "If you will diligently (carefully obey) listen to the voice of the LORD your God
2. Do that which is right in his eyes
3. Give ear to his commandments (pay attention to His commands)
4. Keep all his statutes
Diseases in the Bible according to Deuteronomy 28:22-35 mentions a number of diseases (1):
• Wasting disease – tuberculosis, malaria, long lasting disease of the body to include auto immune disorders.
• Fever – flu, pneumonia or intestinal disease.
• Inflammation – inflammatory diseases of our day, arthritis, joint pain, fibromyalgia, brain inflammation, muscle pain.
• Burning heat – skin infections (The first defense against these organisms, sickness and disease is the skin itself. Skin consists of several layers of cells packed closely together and gives excellent protection against germs).
• Mildew – fungal infections, skin, body, athlete’s food, parasitic infections, bacterial infections within the body.
• Fiery heat – related to high fevers associated with heat stroke, headaches, failure of harvest [crops and food supply] due to excessive heat.
• Boils – skin diseases, bumps on the skin, acne pimples, small pox, chicken pox, leprosy, shingles, simple boils, carbuncles (collection of boils in a limited area), abscesses involving important structures of the body muscles, lungs, brain, liver, spleen, kidney, bowel and appendix, and infected glands.
• Tumors – fibroids, cancer (abnormal enlargement of some part of the body; or it may be a neoplasm, i.e. a growth of abnormal tissue distinct from the healthy tissue underneath.
• Festering rashes and scabies – mites within the skin, lice, itching skin, skin irritation, skin infections.
• Mental Health - Madness and mental confusion – insanity, dementia, lunacy, depression, anxiety, paranoia, disorientation, poor judgment, Alzheimer’s, hallucinations, senility, diseases that cause deterioration of the brain.
• Blindness – brought on by poverty, unsanitary conditions, brilliant sunlight, excessive heat, blowing sand, accidents and/or war injuries.
The Bible as a Medical Reference Book
• Rock Your World Naturally: 7 Divine Keys to Unlock Extraordinary Health, God’s plan for living out our total health.
• Books used by health professionals to diagnose physical health and mental health conditions are readily found in the DSM-V, Oxford’s Handbook of Clinical Medicine, Merk’s Professional Manual.
• One book that is often overlooked when addressing health conditions. It’s one of the most Ancient and sacred books and has gone by various names: The Holy Bible, The Good Book, God’s Word, Holy Scriptures, the Torah, Sacred History, The Testament, The Writings of the Apostles and Prophets.
• God through Moses, the author of the first five books of the Bible, wrote about the spread of disease, sanitation, personal hygiene and quarantine as key principles for optimum personal and community wellness more than 3,500 years ago.
(1) Diseases of the Bible